For any business to be successful online, you must engage readers by using social media. The biggest social media platforms are facebook, twitter, and Instagram. A few years ago, Instagram was virtually unheard of. Now with the younger generation being technologically educated, Instagram has become a social media powerhouse. In order to be successful on Instagram, there are a few things that are necessary for you to do. Here you will find out just what you need to do to handle Instagram like a boss.
Tips To Be Successful on Instagram
1. Focus on Your Niche
People want to focus on a particular thing and they only want to listen to a person who is an expert in that field. Before, you get too far into it and start randomly posting pics. Focus on your target audience and give them what they want. This will go a long way. Once you have followers in that particular niche, you can then elaborate and expand on that.
2. Be Consistent
If you post randomly, do not follow a schedule, or post on an array of topics that have nothing to do with your business. You will lose followers quickly. Post topics and pics that have to do with your business, your niche. Make sure you are consistent with it. People want new and exciting information. Posting on Instagram once a month won’t cut it. Or posting 10 times a day for a week and then nothing for 2 months will confuse followers. You must be consistent in all you do.
3. Brand Specific
When promoting your business you need a brand. This extends off of the previous 2 topics. Stay in your niche with your brand and consistently post brand related topics and pictures.
If your brand has to do with fashion and you suddenly start posting pictures of your fish. Fans are not going to stick around for too long. It will make it seem that as a business, you are not professional, and don’t know what you are doing.
If you follow the above steps, your followers will be loyal, spread the word, and keep coming back. Now let’s move on to how to keep your followers and grow your Instagram following.
- Use hashtags that you’ve researched often, this will make it easier for people to find you and your topics.
- Choose a Popular Category
- It helps if you decide to participate in a category of photography that is more popular than others. Sometimes it’s easier to grow you page when there is an abundance of followers waiting to like your content. Some popular categories include Fitness, Automobiles, Landscapes and Travel posts.
- People love deals and free stuff. It’s human nature. If you offer a discount to your followers or run contests, people will come. Running promotion codes and contests will attract readers. They will start paying attention under the sheer chance that they might get something out of it.
- Call To Action
- Display a call to action under your Instagram photos. Use Instagram profiles to your advantage. All successful businesses that do this achieve Instagram success.
- Use High Quality Photos
- Using high quality photography in your posts will help you stand out. Consider using various other apps outside of IG’s app to modify and edit your photos before uploading to your Page.
If you utilize these actions in Instagram, your business will surely achieve Instagram success. Along the way, you will pick up your own tips and tricks to make your business and brand even more profitable on Instagram.